OPEN LIFE GROUP OUTLINE
5 STEP HOUR OF POWER
A) WORSHIP OR TESTIMONIES
E) *RECEIVE AN OFFERING AND GIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Please encourage all attendees to go to www.theharvest.us to the Connect page and fill out the online connect card (under the connect tab) to update our church data base
September 15, 2019
"I Love My Church" Part 3
A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
Jesus called us to make disciples of nations. In order to make a disciple we must first be a disciple. The word disciple is built on the foundation of the word discipline. A disciplined follower. It’s so important that we do not try to feel our way to our purpose. Our divine purpose is built on the idea of discipline. Doing what needs to be done whether you feel like it or not. We are motivated by our love for God and others, but we are successful because we are disciplined to do what needs to be done. May we make a fresh decision to be a true disciple of Jesus. Let’s put away laziness and excuses so that God can use us to change the world.
1. What has been some disciplines that have helped you be successful in your life so far?
2. Our potential is released through discipline. What happens when we try to feel our way to
success in life?
3. What are some of the things in Christ that you have to discipline yourself to do.
4. How does a person “deny himself”?
5. How do you see picking up your cross daily and following?
6. Would you like to receive Jesus as Lord tonight?