In order for us to live in the freedom that God has for us, we need to know the secret to hearing God’s voice, seeing ourselves correctly, and receiving the vision He has for our lives.
1 JOHN 1:9 says, “If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and CLEANSE us continually from all unrighteousness [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose].”
- The Blood of Jesus cleanses our mind, emotions and will in order for our Spirits to clearly commune with God. The enemy wants to clog your soul (mind, will, and emotions) so that you can't HEAR or SEE in the Spirit! Jesus said blessed are those who see with their "spiritual eyes" and hear with their "spiritual ears" (Matt 13:16). The blood of Jesus unclogs or cleanses our soul SO THAT WE CAN SPIRITUALLY HEAR AND SEE.
Let’s look at the 3 effects of the cleansing power of the blood:
1. The blood cleanses our minds so we can HEAR His voice!
1 John 1:7 NLT
“But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have FELLOWSHIP with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, CLEANSES us from all sin.”
- The blood produces FELLOWSHIP with God and man by the CLEANSING of the blood!
There's no fellowship without WORDS! Hearing His voice and responding is fellowship! When you apply the blood, expect to hear His voice! We do this through thoughts. When we receive theses thoughts (that line up with the Word), we come into FAITH! Faith comes by HEARING (with your spiritual ears through thoughts) and hearing the word of God (Rom 10:17)!
2. - The blood cleanses our emotions so that we can SEE our New IDENTITY.
- We FEEL the way we do because of the WAY we see ourselves! For example, we can feel fear if we don't see ourselves as sons and daughters who are protected by our Heavenly Father. We can feel depression if we see ourselves as one who isn’t liked or favored! You can feel insecure because you don't view your appearance or personality the way God does. Rev 1:5-6 says that the blood cleanses us so that we can see ourselves as Kings and Priests! The enemy is constantly accusing, but through the blood, God is acquitting us and speaking truth over our lives (Hebrews 12:24). Just as the Red Sea washed away Pharaoh’s army who was after the Israelites, the blood cleanses us from all the accusations of the enemy. This is how we view ourselves correctly!
3. The blood cleanses our past so that we can receive VISION for our future.
Hebrews 9:14 NKJV
“how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, CLEANSE your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
- Our Conscience is our awareness of God and His WILL! The blood CLEANSES YOUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS (works outside of faith) TO FAITH-FILLED SERVICE! In other words, we begin to see God’s will or Vision for our lives. Our old "will" gets cleansed, and our new "will" lines up with God’s. When we apply the blood over our lives, God cleanses us from worthless imaginations, and allows us to imagine or dream with Him.
The more we understand and believe in the cleansing power of the blood, the more we are able to enter into the freedom God has paid for. By applying the blood, let's expect to hear God’s voice continually, see ourselves the way He does, and come into God’s Vision for our lives!